Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Office Makeover and Baby Boy Blanket

LOVE it!
Did you just hear a gleeful squeal all the way over at your house? If so, it was totally me! My sewing and crafting projects were quickly overtaking our house. It was such a pain to get all of my supplies in and out of the closet (and sometimes the garage). After I pulled everything out, it would take up residence on the kitchen table. If I ran out of time to finish, I'd debate leaving everything out (ugh, the mess!) or taking the time to put it away only to pull it out again a few days later. I felt like I was wasting craft time on my organizational nightmare. So... my husband and I decided it was time for an office overhaul. 

As with many other projects, this one wasn't quite as easy as it seemed. Discontinued patterns, too small cubbies, and a cracked bookshelf all tried to stand in our way. I'd hate to add up the time and gas money it took to finally get everything we needed for this little project. BUT, we did it! 

I love the bright colors and how they go with our beach-themed office. Plus it's the perfect size for that little nook. I mean, who needs to open a door all the way? Not this girl! =) I'd love to show you the rest of the office, but we still need to wrangle it into submission over Christmas break.

Speaking of Christmas, look at this sweet little cuddle blanket. Adore! I was happy to whip it up and just know the new mommy will love it. I can picture little baby Dallas cuddling with it already.  
$35

It has the super soft minky on the back and those raggy edges that I love so much. I made this one about 18 inches to accommodate the longer name and cute little applique giraffe, but it's still a great carseat size.

Aside from finishing the office, I have one more blanket to wrap up this weekend in time for Christmas, and I just sent off my last pencil banner yesterday. It's been a fun first season of taking your orders!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover